Herewith some books and articles that were helpful for me during the HAPP project...
- Modern Control Engineering. Katsuhiko Ogata (1990). 2nd Ed. Saved it from undergrad!
- Feedback Control Theory. John C. Doyle et al. (1992).
- Control System Design: An Introduction to State Space Methods. Bernard Friedland (1986).
- Optimal Control Theory. Donald E. Kirk (1970).
Spacecraft Dynamics, Kinematics, and Control:
- Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics. Peter C. Hughes (1986).
- Atmospheric and Space Flight Dynamics. Ashish Tewari (2007).
- Aircraft Control and Simulation. Brian L. Stevens et al. (2016) 3rd Ed.
- Automatic Control of Atmospheric and Space Flight Vehicles. Ashish Tewari (2010).
- Advanced Control of Aircraft, Spacecraft, and Rockets. Ashish Tewari (2011).
The unified presentation in this book seemed particularly clean to me. Very useful. I did read it last after the other four in this section, so I was well-prepared... :-)
MATLAB and Simulink:
- MATLAB for Control Engineers. Katsuhiko Ogata (2008).
- Numerical Computing with Simulink, Vol I. Richard J. Gran (2007).
- Make: Getting Started with Arduino. Massimo Banzi & Michael Shiloh (2014) 3rd Ed. Yep, started right here with the tutorials.
- Exploring Arduino. Jeremy Blum (2013).
- Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches. Simon Monk (2012).
- Programming Arduino: Next Steps. Simon Monk (2014).
- Make: Electronics. Charles Platt (2015) 2nd Ed. Gotta start somewhere, right?!